Photo Copyright John Kelly

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Quick Note...

Only one day after crossing the finish line at Vineman, I was awarded with the joy of an intense two-day session of moving out of my house and into a new one. Not exactly the greatest recovery, but I guess it kept me from feeling sorry for my body for too long...

Anyhow, moral of the story is, things have been totally nuts! And I have no internet yet, or floor space, for that matter, so it's been tough to do any writing or blogging, or really or anything productive other than picking up boxes. So, a true race recap on Vineman is coming....

But for now, a quick note: The race totally kicked ass! It was an amazing day where everything just really came together, and I felt great. The result reflected that, as I turned in an 11:19:21, and finished ninth overall among women. I am so thrilled with how things turned out, and so pumped up for everything to come! More details and pictures later, but for now, let's just say I am still smiling -- despite not quite being able to walk right -- and already can't wait to do another one! :)