Photo Copyright John Kelly

Friday, July 30, 2010

A very big day

Well, I am a couple of race reports and many training stories and photos behind.

But, for now, I just wanted to post a quick update that I am heading into a VERY big day tomorrow... my first ever Ironman! I am so excited, but of course nervous as well.

I already anticipate moments of wanting to cry because I am so miserable, but also moments of tears out of sheer happiness and being truly overwhelmed with pride... I do tend to get emotional with these things sometimes!

In such a long event, I know anything can happen. So, I am going into the race feeling up for the adventure. While I have expectations, of course, I know that no matter what it will be an amazing experience, and that is what really counts tomorrow, in my first stab at the 140.6. And when it's all said and done, if I'm still standing!, I can call myself an Ironmwoman... amazing!

Off for some much-needed sleep, race report to follow!